Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall? in Manila

Stacey and I have had the strange sensation of knowing that the seasons are changing at home, but the weather here continues to be hot and sunny.  We are looking forward to feeling some cold, clear air when we are home in December.

It has now been a long time since I have posted photos, so I thought I might put a few new ones up.
Grandma Dalea gave Clara and Lucy a golf club set when she was here.  They really enjoy it!  Here is Clara looking very pleased.


Water break.




Take a look at how much water is actually going into the cup versus watering the artificial turf.



Clara reaching the top of the climbing wall.

Just getting her footing.
Pure joy!

Lucy wanted the added challenge of holding the water bottle the entire time she played.

The girls love clinging to these poles, even though they can't climb up or down them yet.  Clara hanging on with Lucy in the background.
 
Lucy on the curved pipe.



Clara

Lucy



Lucy looking at Mommy's iPhone - probably as we Face Time with a grandparent.


Lucy with Mommy.


The girls go to preschool three mornings a week.  Yesterday was United Nations day at the school, so they joined one of the other kids for a patriotic "presentation."  Apart from the red, white and blue clothing, we read a story and played "Stars and Stripes Forever."  They all seemed to enjoy it.  Other kids represented China, Brazil, Australia and, of course, The Philippines.

This morning Lucy filled in some words I couldn't get and Clara caught up on some reading.

Maggie

1 comment: