Monday, May 6, 2013

Busy days

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind.  The news of the babies is enough to have kept our minds racing, but we have had many other events that also contribute to a fast pace.

As I write, Stacey is preparing for a final Master's thesis presentation tomorrow, as she finishes her Interior Design degree at the Corcoran College of Art & Design.  The whole year has been intense for her in the academic program and with her part-time jobs at two design firms.  The intensity has only increased during the past few weeks.

I also had a busy spring since until about two weeks ago I was serving as the president of my professional association, which was nearly a second full time job for me.  Our recent annual conference meant the end of that role for me, and it has been a great relief to be able to turn my attention to helping Stacey through the last stretch of her program and to continue preparing for our daughters.

As I am reminded frequently, I know our lives are not going to slow down with the addition of twin infants.  Although I love my work and have been very lucky to have great opportunities, both in my job and through the professional association, I am ready to make a shift in my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment