A little more than a week ago, our friends Samantha and Lisa arranged a baby shower for us. They both have babies of their own, not to mention jobs and many other responsibilities, so it meant a great deal to us to have them put so much effort into the event to help us out. It was also a lot of fun to have many of our friends come together.
Support like this has been really moving and surprising to us. I think people are especially supportive since our wait has been so long and the fact that we were matched with TWINS, which seems to have a universal appeal. When I attended my professional association conference a couple of weeks ago, I was given plenty of opportunity to show off the girls' photos. The enthusiasm people shared was incredible.
Since we are not exactly going to be young parents, we felt funny about all the attention and support, but it has been very nice for us. I have to work on being more graceful in accepting people's generosity and good wishes rather than feeling silly and awkward.
I am thankful that Fen and Mei will be coming into a community and family that will provide love and support for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment