Thursday, May 23, 2013

Finally, a travel date

Yesterday, Stacey and I learned that we will be able to travel to China on June 2nd, returning to the US on June 19th, with our little ones.  We have been on the edge of our seats for the past couple of weeks since we thought we would hear this news as early as 5/1.  In the meantime, the US Consulate had an emergency situation that resulted in its closure for four days, delaying the process, and the annual Dragon Boat Festival is coming up in early June, so our scheduling had to account for that national holiday.

According to our agency, we will meet Lian Fen and Lian Mei on Thursday the 6th.  In China there is no transition time, so once we meet them they will have to put up with us from that moment forward.

Now it is a matter of getting our plane tickets.  Very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. So I checked that globogirls.com site it was a strange concept in the beginning but checking around I found out that it's actually a normal thing, lots of people travel around and wherever you go you might want to hook up with a nice girl wherever you go, they got this social travel network thing with articles where you can tag yourself as interested person to visit that place, I met 2 girls in a trip to east Europe and we got along now we meet once in a while when we can visit each other's town, all in all good site just you have to be realistic I guess, you must be interested yourself or have interesting ideas for girls (like invitation to show your town).

    ReplyDelete