Friday, May 24, 2013

Is this love?

One of my colleagues recently asked me what the experience is like to suddenly love Mei and Fen.  Honestly, for me this has been a struggle.  Since we were matched with Mei and Fen in March, all we have had to build a bond with them is a few photos and our imaginations.

I have seen changes in myself during this time.  For example, I am more careful when I drive and think to myself that it is important for me to be around to take care of them.  I have more of a feeling of protection at this point than a bond with them.

I expect this will change as soon as we meet.  But in the meantime it is a strange sensation to refer to Mei and Fen as my daughters when I have not yet had the opportunity to establish a deep connection with them.  All this despite the fact that Stacey and I have spent years talking about this experience and are transforming our lives to be together.

I can't wait to develop that bond with the girls.  I hope it is something they want too.

No comments:

Post a Comment