Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hours, not years, months or days

It is early afternoon here in Hong Kong and Stacey and I decided to hang out at the hotel today rather than going back into the city. It is really nice to have this time to relax. Our hotel has a beautiful outdoor pool and today is the perfect weather to use it (for us). It is cloudy and threatening heavy rain all the time. This is exactly the kind of day when we can do things like go to the beach or drive in a convertible. We will be arriving in Nanchang at just about this time tomorrow afternoon, but I don't think either of us are feeling stressed about that at the moment. I'm sure tomorrow will be a different story. So, for now we are going to continue to enjoy the beautiful hotel and take some naps. Just a few hours to go before we meet the girls. BTW, I do not know why my posts are now coming out as single paragraphs. They should have spacing, but it isn''t working. Neither is spellcheck!

3 comments:

  1. I detected no typos and I'm sure you'll be able to suffer through first class service. Besides, I'm sure a nice hotel room will ease the baby shock.

    I keep picturing the twins side-by-side on bouncing chairs atop the bed; Stacey and you side-by-side on chairs planted directly across. And the four of you staring at each other with WTH! looks on your eyes.

    Don't ask me why, that's just what I imagine. Get some sleep and libations. You'll need them!
    acp

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been following your life-changing, world spanning journey, blog post by blog post. Your travels remind me of a special song, and it goes like this. OK, I'm not going to sing it NOW but just you wait. Well, our wedding song was "You're My Home" which has great meaning to us since we lived in many places before and after we married. The key line of Billy Joel's ballad is "home is just another word for you". As much as your red brick Colonial is a destination that you call home, there will be no need for a "welcome home" sign on your house. Once you're with Clara and Lucia, you're already home.

    And of course, you may already know me by now and realize that I am just too lazy and frugal to create the "welcome home" sign.

    Jokes aside, the sentiment applies : Enjoy the moment, take it all in.

    Much Love,

    S.M.A.S.N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are the same - reading every blog! Even people you don't know love the story of this journey. I run around telling my local pals.."my friends are in China meeting their babies".... It brings a smile to every person's face! I just told Rob "Stace and Nick get to meet the babies tomorrow" and he said "it's tomorrow already there - they are meeting right now"...WOW! Here's a tip - IF the babies won't stop crying, take them outside...that always helped me. Any kind of shock - like fresh air or a bath ....
    AND we thought of you b/c we saw Guster Saturday night!! MUCH love to China - jules

    ReplyDelete