Sunday, June 2, 2013

The journey begins

After a solid 90 minutes of sleep last night, we are now in transit to Hong Kong. As an optimistic thought, maybe our lack of sleep puts us closer to the time zone in China. Our generous neighbor Scott got up early to drive us to Dulles Airport and so far things have been smooth. With that said, it is very difficult to believe we are on our way. It is so hard to imagine what the next few days will be like. This past week has been full of excitement and tension as we worked on getting ourselves organized. In addition to looking forward, we have also needed to figure out what it means to be moving on from the kind of life we have had for many years now. There is a lot that we will exchange for this new adventure and I have been nostalgic. I am looking forward to pondering this more during our 5-hour layover in Newark today. Then there is also the 16-hour flight during which I can meditate!

2 comments:

  1. Nick and Stacey, hope the travels go well. We thought we had a busy week...until we saw your itinerary. Wow! We'll be with you in spirit the whole way. Luke's message for Maggie: You kinda get used to it.

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stace and Nick - even my kids are excited to keep up with your blog. Ever since I ran up to them at the KU bookstore when we were on the trip with "I've got good news", they've talked about the babies. I hope for you some rest/clear minds/and joy!!
    love jules

    ReplyDelete