Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Some fun activities

We are still in a rough patch with jet lag, but for the most part things are going well. Clara actually slept through the night last night, but Lucia and I spent a number of hours bonding and wearing down the wood floors.

Yesterday we made our pilgrimage to Target and had a pretty easy time of it. They are pretty easy to entertain at this point, so no matter what we do they seem interested. They also don't seem to mind being in car seats or their strollers, so that is helpful. I was going to take a photo in front of Target, but missed out on that since it was hot out and we just didn't think of it in the moment.

One of our items to purchase was a small swimming pool for them to splash around in. Unfortunately, when we got home and I inflated it and started to put water in, I found that the water was leaking out only slightly slower than I was able to put it in. We had been planning to do so anyway, but I went over to the YMCA and upgraded us to a family membership. We spent a while in the afternoon at the pool and, just as they did in China, the girls loved it. They seem very comfortable and love to kick their legs. The Y offers swim classes, so that might be nice for us to do together. Again, too distracted with taking care of them to snap any photos. But...

This morning I went to CVS and still had in mind that a little pool might be fun for them and easy if we didn't have enough time to get to the YMCA. So, for less than $10 we purchased our second pool in two days. The girls loved it and it held water for the entire time they used it.


Skinny dipping is allowed in our backyard, as long as you are a cute infant.

We are hoping for longer sleep tonight and we are looking forward to a visit from their cousins Betsy and Peter and Great Aunt Janet tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. So fun to see your girls happy and cool on a hot summer day. Keep up the good work and hopefully everyone will soon be on the same sleep schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nick and Stace - I feel for you and the lack of sleep. I can remember being so mad at the lack of attention EXHAUSTION really got in this world. It's TOUGH to think clearly, feel good, etc when you are so so tired. BUT hang in there. My wish for you guys is solid uninterrupted 6 hours of sleep - it will feel like you've slept for days. The girls are totally beautiful. That pool shot is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has become my stress reliever! thanks for sharing with us. Oh and thanks for not sharing the shot of the entire Diehl family skinny dipping :)

    ReplyDelete