The girls are delightful. They seem pretty easy going (for the first 5 hours at least) and are laughing and playing with the little toys we brought and managing to pee on both of us. After a couple of hours they both had bottles and a nice nap.
They look really well physically and from what we hear they had a wonderful foster mom who provided us detailed instructions for their care. They are also very alert and engaged. When Mei just woke up she was babbling away.
Tomorrow we will visit the local agencies to make the adoption official

This is when we were first handed Mei and Fen. We are with the orphanage director and staff.

This is Mei sitting up and Fen playing with Stacey. We have learned they love plastic keys!

Mei getting tired, about to burst into tears.

Here is Fen enjoying her fish.
Oh my goodness, they're adorable! You look both exhausted and thrilled. Which one is Clara and which is Fen? What size are they wearing? Do you think you'll ever be able to stop staring at them?
ReplyDeleteYou did it! Congratulations to the new family! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Aimee
Wow, they're gorgeous! So great to see these actual first moments. Can't wait to meet them!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS!!! BEAUTIES!!! I am so happy you included pictures...my girls ran over to see them. I wish I could eat those cheeks....
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! The two of you look so happy. Not bad for all the traveling and jet lag you must be feeling. The girls are absolutely adorable.
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for the whole bunch of you and will continue to do so, if that is okay with you. I'm so happy for you.
yaaaaaaay!!!!! How exciting this must be. Go ahead and pinch their cheeks to make sure it's all real :) I love the picture of her staring at the camera. She'll be seeing a lot of it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, mom & pop!
acp
Your smiles say a thousand words. And the girls, oh the girls! As our pediatrician once said, and I paraphrase, the girls have a terrible bout of cuteness. Actually, they have taken over the word cute. They've copyrighted it, trademarked it, they locked up cute and threw away the cute key. They could wear a T-Shirt emblazoned with the word cute, but it would be redundant! They are cute, cute, cute!! (Oops, I now owe the girls money!!!)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!!
Scott
Hooray!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy looking family!!
Your girls are beautiful.
Hooray again!
Love to you all.
Danny and Romy
Fantastic! What a great day for all of you. I wonder what the girls are thinking of all of this??
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the journey!
Judy
Congratulations! I got goosebumps from seeing you with your girls. They are adorable, and it's so exciting to see the four of you as a new family!
ReplyDeleteClaudia
These pictures are making me cry! Oh dear. And I just love the girls' curly hair!!! Congratulations Stacey and Nick, I am so happy for you!!!
ReplyDelete