Monday, June 17, 2013
When will this really sink in?
Stacey and I were just talking about when it will really sink in for us that we are parents to these girls. We are very attached, proud, and beaming, but we are still building toward another relationship level. Maybe that goes on indefinitely.
Both of the girls are now congested and have been a little more cranky today, even though we had a great walk around a nearby park, which they thoroughly enjoyed. One of the factors that might be impacting them is going from the heat outside to chilly air conditioned buildings. Chances are they never experienced AC before. We are hoping they recover quickly since a cold could make for a more difficult plane ride.
It seems like the discrepancy in dates between two forms may be resolved tomorrow morning. I have to trust that is the case and we will get all of our travel documents tomorrow.
Now we just have to hope for good sleep tonight and some rest tomorrow before our travels. It is exciting to envision our home with these little girls. They will change the place for good (interpret as you will).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Even this morning when my nearly six-year-old son called out, "mom!" I silently asked myself, "me? I'm somebody's mom?". The endless duties of parenthood make it hard for me to "forget" that I am a mother, but I still find myself in awe over it all! It gets exhausting, but never old!
ReplyDelete